Browning Street Studios have been producing events in Brisbane since 2008. We’re famous for our unique and creative space activation and our professional approach to events. We value the diversity of people, artforms and genres involved in and showcased at Browning Street events.
About The Box
The Box is an Artist-Run Initiative in Vulture Street, West End (The Old Box Vintage Shop). The space houses two studios and gallery spaces.
Note that The Box is primarily an art space so live sound events are usually run in conjunction with art shows, and are subject to approval. We’re open to any and all creative ideas though! If you are interested in producing an art show as part of your event, check out the Gallery info package here: Exhibition Package
Other Partner Venues
- Brisbane Arts Theatre (Max capacity: 150)
- Turnstyle Down Under (Max capacity: 40)
- The Browning Street Studios “Platform” (Max capacity: 50) – pictures and info coming soon
- NB. Between the Walls is no longer operating as a venue
- NB. Our old performance space at no. 11 Browning Street is under new management. Visit http://www.facebook.com/waitingroombrisbane for more info.
Read out more about these spaces below.
Brisbane Arts Theatre
Turnstyle Community Centre
> Turnstyle is a collectively run social space that provides resources for people and groups working on projects that benefit the community and/or for activist social change. The resources of the space include a meeting, presentation and event space; a library; a bicycle workshop; a home brew kitchen; a cob oven bakery; and art and prop-making space. Turnstyle is located underneath two neighbouring homes who co-operate via a common living vision: sharing space, resources, effort and values.
Download our event application form HERE:
Alternatively, you can request a call back by using the form below: